The Environment and Sustainable Engineering Systems
Auditing and Assurance Services
Derivatives and Risk Management
Drawing and Sketching
Cultural Immersion: Art, Society and Architecture
02 Jul 2019 – 19 Jul 2019
22 Dec 2019 – 13 Jan 2019（暂定）
Academic Integrity Statements
Students at the Tongji Academic Mobility Program are expected to promote a culture of academic integrity. Students must always submit work that represents their original ideas using their own expressions. If students use information or ideas from other sources, they must appropriately acknowledge thos e works through approved citation methods and clearly indicate which parts were extracts.These sources may include, but are not limited to all hard copy or electronic publications and all verbal or visual communications. We consider any attempt to gain academic advantage by dishonest or unfair means to be academic dishonesty and we will not tolerate any breach of this policy.
Students are expected to complete all assigned tutorial work and assessments individually. Any collaboration, sharing of information, copying, cheating and/or acts of academic dishonesty will result in a fail grade. Students may only collaborate where it is required of them in group projects. Unknowingly assisting another student to commit plagiarism may also constitute academic dishonesty. Breach of this agreement is taken very seriously. If it is found that academic integrity violation has taken place, Tongji University reserves the right to fail the student for that course.
Students acknowledge that the university may use the students work from assessment tasks, examinations and other class work as samples for the reference of other students and for teaching purposes.
Terms and Conditions
Section A – General Terms
Section A forms part of this Contract if you are a Domestic Student (as defined in Section C) or an International Student (as defined in Section C).
1.Bound by Statutes, Course Requirements, Policies and Rules
- You accept, will comply with and will be bound by the Statutes, rules, relevant Course requirements, admission requirements, procedures and policies of the University as amended from time to time.
- The University’s current policies and procedures are available for viewing at http://study.tongji.edu.cn/index.php?classid=11023&newsid=18824&t=show
- You accept that you will be subject to the lawful instructions of officers of the University and accept the jurisdiction of the University in all matters connected with academic progression and with discipline.
- This Contract, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes in University rules, policies and procedures, does not remove your right to take action under consumer protection laws.
2.Variation of Website Information
- The information contained in the University’s website and publications is subject to change. The University reserves the right to amend or modify without notice the content of the website and other publications. The University will attempt to inform students of changes which may affect their enrolment.
3.Provision and Disclosure of Personal Information
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- personal information supplied by you directly to the University;
- personal information supplied by you to an authorised agent of the University; and
- personal information supplied by you to Tongji University and which you have authorised an agent of the university to disclose to the University, will be used for the administrative and/or educational purposes of the University.
- You authorise the University to disclose your personal information (including contact details and a photographic image of you, if applicable):
- to placement organisations (including organisations related to placement organisations who are also involved in providing your placement) if you are studying a Course that includes a work, professional or clinical placement;
- to an authorised agent of the university, the Chinese Government and/or the Shanghai Government to be used by those entities for the purpose of research studies, for example determining university ranking schedules (this will include any information about your academic performance, previous qualifications and current enrolment status);
- to other education providers to administer cross-institutional enrolments (if you are a cross-institutional student);
- to other education providers and admission centres to verify academic information and transcripts;
- to scholarship providers and student sponsors where there is a written agreement between you and the provider or sponsor;
- to the Chinese Government, if you are an International Student admitted to a postgraduate research course, for the purpose of determining whether your admission would constitute a sanctioned service under United Nation sanctions and/or Chinese autonomous sanctions.
You acknowledge that:
- the University is required by law to provide personal information about students to the Chinese Government Department that is responsible for tertiary education;
- the University may disclose information about your academic performance to a third party to be used by the third party for accreditation purposes, however the information will be provided in such a way that your identity will not be apparent or reasonably ascertainable;
- the University may disclose aggregated statistical information for statutory reporting or other administrative or
- educational purposes in a form that will not identify any person individually; and
- an electronic photographic image of you will be collected and stored by the University for student identification purposes. This image may be accessed and used by approved University employees where photographic identification is reasonably required by the University.
4.Fees and Refunds
- You agree to:
- pay to the University; or
- pay to an authorised organisation of the University; or
- if applicable, ensure that payment is made to the University on your behalf through the authorised organisation, all fees and charges (including all student contribution amounts) directly arising from your enrolment by the due date. See webpage https://see.tongji.edu.cn/info/1147/6961.htm or http://study.tongji.edu.cn/index.php?classid=11023&newsid=18822&t=show for relevant fees as at the date of this Contract. The admission team of Tongji CEIE Academic Mobility program reserves the right of final interpretation and reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, and you agree to abide by the most recent version of this.
- You understand that the fees, levies and charges payable for your Course or subject/s may increase each year and you agree to pay the increased amounts in each subsequent year of your Course.
- You understand that if you are receiving a scholarship, sponsorship or student loan to finance your studies at the University, it is your responsibility to check how your subject selections affect your eligibility for continued payments/ funding.
- You confirm that you have read and understood the relevant policy/ies below, which form part of this Contract, and acknowledge that you are bound by the terms and conditions of the policy/ies.
- You understand that refunds and adjustments apply if you decide not to proceed with your studies.
- In all cases, for the purposes of calculating what, if any, penalty applies, the date of withdrawal is the date the student gives the University notice in writing of their intention to withdraw.
- For exceptions to the application of penalties in certain circumstances, refer to the Tuition Fee Policy for International
- Students. In most cases, supporting documentation is required.
- This Contract will continue for the period for which you are admitted to the University.
6.Tongji University Obligations
The University will use its best endeavours to provide you with tuition and supervision to a professional standard in the Course(s) to which you are admitted.
The University will act reasonably and fairly in exercising its powers under the Statutes, rules, procedures and policies of the University and this Contract.
Section B – Additional terms for International Students
If you are an International Student (as defined in Section C), Section B also forms part of this Contract.
You understand that there are conditions for cancellation of your study at Tongji University and you confirm that you have read the Guidelines for Deferral, Suspension and Cancellation.
8.Cost of Studying in China
- You confirm that:
- you are aware of the costs of studying in China including tuition fees, Student Services and Amenities Fees (SSA Fee), research costs, additional related costs and living expenses for the duration of your Course and have the financial capacity to meet them;
- you have calculated the estimated cost of your Course, including living expenses and other expenses, including costs of travel to and from your home country;
- you are aware of the current exchange rate between the currency of your home country and the Chinese yuan, and that this exchange rate may change throughout the duration of your Course;
- you understand that the actual costs you may incur in undertaking the Course may be greater or lesser than the amount you have calculated, and that the amount is an estimate only; and
- you have the financial capacity, through your own savings/sponsorship/loan/other means, to pay for your tuition fees and all other costs and expenses (including all travel, tuition and living costs) that you will incur for the duration of your Course.
Section C – Definitions
- Award – a degree, diploma or certificate contained in the list of approved awards of Tongji University.
- Award Course – a Course, the successful completion of which, together with any credit transfers in accordance with the relevant requirements, will fulfil the prescribed requirements for the named Award.
- Contract –this Student Contract between you and Tongji University.
- Course – an approved course of study offered by Tongji University, consisting of a combination of subjects.
- Domestic Student – any student who is a Chinese citizen, a permanent resident of China or a permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder.
- International Student – any student who is not a Chinese citizen, permanent resident of China, or permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder.
- Non-Award Course – a Course offered by Tongji University for which no Award is conferred upon successful completion.
- University – Tongji University